If you’re thinking about selling, John Matthews is the agent you can trust.
John Matthews is a quality agent, and together with Jillian Brooke and Kay Matthews, offer a refreshingly proactive, dedicated and honest approach to real estate in Moonee Valley and surrounds. A Master Auctioneer and multiple award-winning agent, we’re experts in real estate. And we’ll strive to achieve the best outcome and highest possible price for you. Complete the form on this page to request a free property appraisal today.
We offer you the choice of auction, private sale and off-market sales campaign, and explain to you the benefits of each. The sale of your home will be tailored to what suits you.
‘We needed someone who was reliable, professional, trust worthy and with a proven track record especially because of the uncertainty and challenging property market conditions. John Matthews was our first choice, I known him for several years and he delivered a good result for us. Property sold on the night before the auction. We recommend him.’ - Justin
A house for sale typically goes through our stepped plan approach:
- Contact us – We’ll have an honest and frank discussion about the value of your property, market conditions and what you could do to increase the price. Your free property appraisal will give you a clear understanding of what we think the best possible price may be.
- Presentation – You may need to spend time getting your house ready for sale to enhance the sale of your property. Maintenance and repairs are recommended so potential buyers don’t feel there is a huge task ahead of them. We can help you obtain quotes from trusted tradespeople. We offer a complimentary home stylist consultation from our partner property stylists, who will give you tips and ideas on how to present your home. You can also choose to use their services to style your house.
- Photography and Advertising – Choosing the best photography is vital to ensure we best capture your property for the right audience. We offer a range of photography options including day, aerial, dusk and prestige. Videos and 3D tours are popular with buyers, particularly interstate and overseas. Our team will organise the board for outside your home, internet ads, property brochures and more. Once we have your approval, the campaign goes live.
- Buyers – Your property will be initially marketed exclusively to our extensive database, prior to going to the open market. Sometimes this results in an off-market sale – which means the property is sold privately, and there’s no auction if selling prior is your preferred option. This is a discrete way to sell your home, and also saves on marketing costs. We proactively approach potential buyers. These might be people who recently missed out on a similar property, or who have been house hunting for a while. We’re constantly scouring our list of contacts to find a potential match.
Our wide reach advertising campaign aims to bring as many qualified buyers through your home over four weeks via open for inspections and private viewings. A Quality Agent team member will attend each open for inspection. This gives us the opportunity to get to know the buyers and their needs, which in turn helps them feel comfortable with us in the process, and this places the home owner in a position to potentially achieve a better result. Open for inspections give buyers 30 minutes to walk through and see your home. There are usually two open for inspections during the four weeks leading up to your auction.
- Reporting – We maintain constant communication with you by phone and email. Each week, you’ll receive a detailed report outlining your campaigns key measures, including any indications of price from key buyers. You’re always immediately informed of any developments and opportunities as they occur, so you can make an informed decision on all offers before and at auction. During fortnightly face to face meetings, we’ll go into greater detail about the campaign and how we foresee the auction outcome. There won’t be any surprises at these meetings, as we’ve kept you informed throughout the entire campaign.
- Auction day – Your property will be auctioned by a Master Auctioneer who has sold thousands of properties. A professional auction is conducted with the property sold for the highest possible price. This is what I do best, I assure the sale of your house is in good hands. Each auction is given ample time, there’s no rush. If negotiations are required on the day, there’s no pressure to finish quickly to attend the next appointment.